Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Quick Update.....

What an exhausting week! I'm about to crash for the night, but since we're now all set up for internet access (and yes, we were able to get high speed cable access!!) I thought I'd better take just minute to let everyone know we did arrive in Burnips safely.

Sunday night we had a problem with the hitch for the U-Haul trailer that our van was pulling and the delay cost us about 4 hours of time. We ended up getting into a hotel about 12:45 a.m. and were back on the road by 7. We arrived safely - though exhausted!!! - in Burnips at 7:00 Eastern Time Monday evening.

The welcome was overwhelming! There were at least 30 people on hand to unload and the fridge and cabinets were overflowing!! We're so grateful for the warm welcome!

We're anxious to get some pictures up to show you the beautiful view from our home. The sunsets are stunning!! Hopefully we'll get a bit more organized and do that soon!!

Thanks for all the prayers for our travel. We could feel it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joneses!
Glad to hear things are good!! I love the way you phrased your sentence about the view. You used "home" instead of "house". To me that says alot!! How does everyone fit? :-)

Anyone from the Burnips area reading this blog, a huge blessing just rolled into your town!!! You now have in your midst a family who is ALREADY GREATLY missed in Tuscaloosa!

The Tuscaloosa Jones LOVE the Burnips Jones!! :-)

Unknown said...

We are celebrating God's HUGE blessing He has "miraculously" brought to Burnips. I'm on my knees and the edge of my seat waiting for the Mighty Hand of God to keep moving in amazing ways. I could witness for pages of all God has done in the life of BWC and the past four years on my own journey as He's prepared Burnips for the Huge Blessing of the Jones Family. The Sweet and Powerful spirit of our LORD beams from their tired countenance. God has used them greatly already in my life even though our family has been relocated to a new "frontline place of service" yet to be determined:) God is at work in West Michigan,Hallelujah