Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Where's the Beef?"

In our freezer!! :)

It's one thing to go to the grocery store and buy a roast or hamburger meat, but it's another to go to a butcher and get a side of beef processed! It makes the cow part of it all a lot more real!!




On another note....today David (5) came in VERY excited! Our neighbors' guinea hens had baby chicks that had just hatched! It was pretty cool for everyone. I've tried to get one of the boys to get some pictures for the blog, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe tomorrow....

1 comment:

Twoless said...

Ha. We just ordered a 1/4 a few days ago. Our neighbors, the Kings, have yard chickens that we have been getting eggs from and a cow they were raising for meat. They offered us a 1/4. "Norman" as I call the cow (not sure if he actually has a name), goes off to the "big house" tomorrow. I haven't seen Norman. I really don't want to. I think I would have a harder time putting him in the crockpot if I did. Congrats to David on the bike riding.